From its foundation in 2008, GPS Tuner has been a software company focused on navigation technology, offering the best-in-class solutions to Original Equipment Manufacturers of personal navigation devices.
GPS Tuner has now expanded its portfolio beyond navigation solutions by penetrating the thriving cycling industry, fitting its cutting-edge, award winning navigation technology and integration expertise into electric bicycle systems. The outcome; the most complete ebike navigation and battery management system available in the market.
We recognize that to successfully meet our customers’ needs, delivering a top quality product does not suffice. Thus, we strongly focus on providing the best post-integration customer support, and engage along with our customers throughout the full product deployment and after-sales upgrade cycles.
GPS Tuner provides software for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) of navigation dedicated devices, and electric bicycle manufacturers. We specialize in integration to advanced technologies such as BLE, ANT+ and eBike CANBus, and a combination of these including hardware, protocol and firmware. Our technology offers a modular solution which can easily be tailored to fit most dedicated GPS devices and smartphones, as well as quick integration to electric bike systems.
GPS Tuner is the Winner of the Best Software Awards 2006 in Geocaching category. The contest has been organized by Pocket PC Magazin.
GPS Tuner is the Winner of the Best Software Awards 2007 in Moving Map category. The contest has been organized by Pocket PC Magazin. Two finalists were Google Maps Mobile and Live Search for Mobile from Microsoft.
If you are interested and committed to work in a creative, dynamically growing, young company, if you are a talented professional with fresh ideas and enthusiastic about working on technologies that are shaping the future of outdoor navigation and electric bikes, we may have the ideal position for you…
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A full-time position in Budapest, Hungary
- Young and dynamic company with a family like atmosphere
- Inspirational work enviroment and continuous learning opportunities
- Competitive salary
APPLYING TO GPS TUNER:
Send your Hungarian language CV and specify the position to which you are applying for to the following email address:
- Design and development of backend APIs supporting smartphone, desktop, web and embedded clients.
- Maintaining and developing a relational database updated continuously with user generated content, licensing information, various data logs, user accounts, purchases
- Managing CDNs for delivering large files to end users
- Deploying to and maintaining AWS instances
- Developing queries of the data for reports and presentation to customers
- Internal reports generation from databases
- Taking part in the development of customer-facing presentation websites
- Working together with developers of client services, system administrators and management
- 5 years of experience with PHP and MySQL
- Experience developing complex REST or RPC backends using PHP frameworks
- Experience with ORM frameworks
- Basic Linux administration skills
- Some experience with HTML, and CSS
- Working proficiency in English
- Self-motivated, with a proactive approach to work
- Familiarity with Laravel, PhpMyAdmin, SVN, GIT, Tengine is a plus
- Up-to date on PHP 7+ features
- PHP ini administration skills welcome
- Some MS Active Directory knowledge also welcome
- Design and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code to develop advanced applications for the Android platform
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Work in a team, quality checking own code, collaborating with Test Team and Project Management.
- Debug, fix and improve performance in existing software.
- Evaluate, suggest and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Collaborate with app designer to define and ship new features
- Implement and create documentation and specifications
- Software development experience with confident and extensive knowledge of Java.
- Proven working experience in Android app development
- Knowledge of object-oriented development techniques, mobile architectures, trends, and new technologies
- Experience in creating modern graphical user interfaces (GUIs) for Android.
- Practical knowledge of Android development environments (Android Studio).
- Self-motivated, with a proactive approach to work.
- Working proficiency in English.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Proficiency in Kotlin, C/C++.
- Experience in development for platforms other than Android.
- Basic knowledge of web based technologies (HTTP, REST, Json, Xml).
- Familiarity with the use of additional internal and external sensors (Bluetooth, ANT)
- Critical thinking with attitude to problem-solving
- Good time-management, interpersonal and communication skills